Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Update: December 29, 2009

For those who do not know or have not heard, my father was diagnosed with cancer about three weeks ago and underwent a major surgery last Monday. He has spent the last eight days at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas recovering from a surgery called The Whipple Procedure. The results of the procedure were conclusive that dad has Pancreatic Cancer (Stage II-B). The cancer is classified as "R1" which means that the cancerous mass was fully resected during the surgery and that there are signs of microscopic cancer cells which will be treated with chemotherapy doses of Gemcitabine(pronunciation: jem-SITE-a-been). They were able to get all of the cancer mass and all of the lymph nodes in the area out. His chemotherapy will be administered once per week for six months starting in late January after his body has healed from the surgery.

Dad came home from the hospital today and is now resting in the comfort of his own home without the interuption of nurses and doctors every thirty minutes. I was there at lunch and he's up watching TV in the living room and even walking around the house a bit. He is still very sore (as you can imagine) and is looking forward to a speedy recovery. He's determined to have his body in the best possible shape before starting chemo.

The most important part of this entire situation is that dad is both full of optimism and faith in God. He has relied on our Lord throughout this entire process and we will all continue to lean on the comforting presence of God as this continues. Dad is a positive God-fearing man and is determined to look this thing in the face and defeat it. We, as a family, are very trusting that God's will is in effect and will prevail. Dad, the doctors, our family, and wonderful friends have formed a team that will work together to stay positive and beat cancer.

If you have messages that you'd like to relay to my dad, please feel free to e-mail me directly at ja.holland@yahoo.com. In addition, if you are currently directly impacted by the effects of cancer (i.e. yourself, family member, or friend). Please tell me about it. I would like to include everyone on the Cancer Sucks Blog; because the power of prayer is awesome. Our God is awesome and the more people that read this will pray. So please, tell me about prayer requests you have as well in your own lives.

My first prayer request is for A.J. Wells, who is the little brother of one of my greatest friends in the world, Richard Wells, Jr. A.J., who is 3 years old, is currently undergoing some serious doses of chemotheraphy to treat Luekemia. He is fighting hard and I ask everyone to place him on your prayer list so that this brave little boy can beat Luekemia.

15 comments:

  1. Justin, thanks for starting this, what a great way to get the word spread to all the prayer warriors out there. I've spoken with Lance & Saundra and they both seem to have the most positive attitudes! This will be a hard road, but I know that Lance will beat this SUCK~EY disease...victory in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this blog! Our Lord is Mighty to SAVE, my love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin, thanks so much for doing this blog. Update often, ok? I've got people all over the country praying for our Lance. I LOVE his (and Saundra's) positive outlook. I've told Lance & Saundra and I'm telling you...please let me know if I can do anything. I'll check on him often but don't want to be a nuisance so you let me know if he needs a call or a visit.
    Love you guys...but I HATE cancer.
    Gay

    ReplyDelete
  4. J-Boy- You are a chip off the 'ol block. How proud I am of you. You encourage and definately lead by example! Your father, my 'brother-in-law' WILL beat this monster. Blessed are we! Love, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone up here in the Panhandle is praying for your Dad and will be praying for AJ now that we know about him. I lost my Dad to cancer 2 years ago and I know in my heart that prayer and attitude extended his life. Keep your spirits up around Lance and Saundra. My grand daughter Rylee was diagnosed with Luekemia at 9 months and just enjoyed her 5th birthday 100% cancer free. The treatments are long and hard on a child but the end result will be good. Thank you for starting this and remember Cancer Sucks but it is not more powerful than prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justin,
    Cancer does suck but the attitude and positive thinking that your mom and dad have will be a huge factor in his healing.....and my prayers will be for healing and for strength for the entire family. When I saw your Dad on Sunday, we was looking good and just the Lance Holland that I know and love. I am with Gay when I say that I do not want to be a pain, but do want to help anyway I can. We will also pray for little AJ. Much love to you and your family!
    The Fullertons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Justin. This is a great site for your family. So glad you have the courage to do it. I am behind you 100% through it all. Love you guys lots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just lost my Mother's brother Bob to Leukemia. Prayer heals and works in wonderful ways. We will be thinking of you and doing are part! Lots of LOVE and PRAYERS from Kansas!
    -Ewings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Justin,

    Please pass along to your dad that he is on my mind and in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Justin and Neely...Judy and I and all of us at Ebby will be praying for Lance everyday..He is such a wonderful man, always smiling and upbeat. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for any of you. Lots of Love and prayers to you and your family. Brenda Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all are "family" to us and I am heartbroken knowing that you have to go through all of this.
    There have been many prayers from the Gehring house for all of you in the past few weeks. We are looking forward to many, many more holidays spent together with your family...it was one of the best. We'll give you a few more days to recoup before we visit. "Dr." Bob is big on that. You are hardly ever out of my mind, even when I am busy with something else. Love you and are praying dilligently for you. One of my favorite verses...He is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. And He can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. John & Pat Boswell
    Lance we pray for you and your family everynite.
    We have you on our pray list at church.

    We know that through Jesus Christ everything is possible.

    Keep your faith in God and go to Him in your hardest moments of chem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FAITH
    Love and hugs with manu prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad to here that the surgery went well. I know from experience that a positive attitude and great support from family and friends makes all the differnece in the world.
    I have been dealing with the cancer monster for 3 years now so if you have any questions or just need someone to talk to that has been through it, let me know.
    Good luck and good health to you all. Kathleen Hail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good day to all am Valeria Miguel Ángel From USA..Texas am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr Itua the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Pancreative Cancer,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. ,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank to you Dr Itua for your kindly help in my life his Mobile number Whatsapp.+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete