Friday, January 8, 2010

How can I help?

(excerpts from 15 Helpful Tips for Family, Friends, and Co-Workers)

by Chris McHugh

Keeping in touch is important. Send cards, notes, banners, kids drawings, or any message of hope to show you care. I found receiving "Get Well" cards with the message "While You Recover" to be very important in my Healing.

Form a Relay for Life team. This can show great team support while giving the patient something to look forward to.

Seek out positive survivor stories and share them often with your friend. Everyone who fights cancer needs to know that 8 million Americans are LIVING with cancer today.

Stay connected. Nothing bothered me more than when I would hear "I kept tabs through so-and-so because I just did'nt know what to say". Remember simply saying "I'm here and I care" is better than nothing at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For info on Relay for Life, reference my post on 12/31/09. I'll be posting more info on our family team in the near future. JAH

No comments:

Post a Comment